Wednesday, May 11, 2011

my favorite part of visiting family

...are the moments where I stumble across old jewels like this one. 


My father, circa long ago, compliments of a random container at his sister's house. Such a babe!






          Funny enough, during the gathering in which I found this photo, an older cousin approached me.  A male that I've only met a handful of times, and 15+ years older than me, our relationship has always been formal. "Great dress! I saw it on your Facebook!"
        Somewhere between newsfeeds and news stands, I reckon that these golden moments of stumbling across surprising glimpses of the past will drown in the inundation of data we have access to now.  I won't have to tell my kids stories of my youth. They can just google it. Or search Twitter archives.  Wall-to-wall me. Time and date stamp, included.

1 comment:

  1. You will always be my precious little sister, the daughter of my dearest uncle.

    F. Shaikley

    ReplyDelete